This programme is designed for operatives who are required to work in the proximity of roadworks, in both rural and urban situations, so as to understand the risks to their own safety from passing traffic and the need to avoid creating dangers for road users. This training is mandatory under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations.
Candidates who successfully complete this course will be trained and motivated to work safely at roadworks and to minimise traffic disruption to road users.
- Legislation for Roadworks
- Signing, Lighting & Guarding
- Excavation Safety
- Plant & Equipment
- Emergency Procedures
- Multiple Choice Exam
Max 20 per course
On successful completion of this 1 day course a Solas CSCS (Construction Sector Certification Scheme) QQI Level 5 certification and CSCS identity card will be issued to successful applicants.
This course gives a broad overview of road work safety and will raise site awareness on: signing, lighting and guarding, excavation safety, underground services, plant and equipment, handling and storage of materials, and emergency procedures.
This course gives a broad overview of road work safety and will raise site awareness on:
- risk assessment
- signing, lighting and guarding,
- excavation safety,
- underground services,
- plant and equipment,
- handling and storage of materials,
- emergency procedures
- reporting to his or her employer or supervisor or the SLG CSCS card holder on any work being carried on that may endanger persons; any defects relating to the system of work, including those relating to signing, lighting and guarding; and any related contraventions that he or she may be aware of.
The Person will be available to make minor repairs to the signing, lighting and guarding, which may include the correcting of signs and replacing cones or barriers that may have been moved or dislodged.