COURSE SUITABLE FOR:
Any person requiring an appreciation of the importance for safe operation and maintenance of ride on rotary lawn mowers.
Operating a Ride on Rotary Lawn Mower – Certificate of Completion
Group training Maximum: 6 participants
Please inform West Cork Safety training coordinator when booking of any particular learning concerns or special needs
Room suitable to seat 7 people comfortably (with tables /desks if possible) and a White wall or projector screen available.
Suitable external grounds area for various practical demonstrations of equipment
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
Make pre starting checks,
- Select tools, materials and equipment needed
- Check machine is in a safe condition.
- Check all levers are in the neutral position
- Check fuel and top up if necessary.
- Adjust the seat to reach pedals
- Check seat safety switch/interlocks
- Check battery lights etc
- Check tyre pressure, wheel nuts, steering, brakes
- Check radiator screen blocked/damaged
- Check for dried grass around exhaust fire hazard
- Check all controls are free moving
- Check condition of cutting blades
- Check grease points
- Take mower to work area
Operate the Ride on Rotary Mower
- Check area for any loose objects loose wire, glass, stones etc
- Wear proper protective clothing and equipment
- Mow area of 200 sq metres
- Ensure correct overlapping
- Switch off lawnmower at end of exercise and leave in safe condition
Make post operation checks
- Check that all areas have been thoroughly cut.
- Clean Lawnmower
- Oil and grease if necessary
- Tidy up area
- Demonstrate knowledge of storage requirements.
COURSE PROVIDER INFORMATION
Please refer to our website www.westcorksafety.ie or contact the Training Co-ordinator for any additional information required about Recognition of Prior Learning, Course Assessment, Appeals, Tutor Contact Details , Learners’ Rights, and Other Training Courses avaliable at: email@example.com