COURSE SUITABLE FOR:
Any person requiring an appreciation of the importance for safe operation and maintenance of strimmers
Operating a Strimmer – Certificate of Completion
Group training Maximum: 10 participants
Please inform West Cork Safety training coordinator when booking of any particular learning concerns or special needs
Room suitable to seat 11 people comfortably (with tables /desks if possible) and a White wall or projector screen available.
Suitable external grounds area for various practical demonstrations of equipment
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
Make pre starting checks,
- Select tools, materials and equipment needed
- Check machine is in a safe condition.
- Check all switches, cables, free moving drives .
- Check oil/petrol mix.
- Demonstrate knowledge to fit new cord to spool.
- Adjust cord
- Remove air filter and clean
- Remove and adjust spark plug
- Remove and clean fuel filter
- Check the condition of cord in recoil starter
Operate the Strimmer
- Check area for any loose stones, glass, cans, wire etc..
- Wear proper protective clothing and equipment
- Correctly adjust the harness
- Start and operate Strimmers on grass edges and/or surrounding areas
- Switch off Strimmers and leave in safe condition
Make post operation checks
- Check that all areas have been thoroughly cut.
- Clean Strimmers
- Demonstrate good Hygiene practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of storage requirements.
COURSE PROVIDER INFORMATION
Please refer to our website www.westcorksafety.ie or contact the Training Co-ordinator for any additional information required about Recognition of Prior Learning, Course Assessment, Appeals, Tutor Contact Details , Learners’ Rights, and Other Training Courses avaliable at: email@example.com