Beginner – 5 day
Refresher – 2 day
The Safety, health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 places a duty on every employer to ensure so far as reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare at work of all his employees which includes provision of the appropriate information, instruction, Training and supervision.
To have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of a counter balance Forklift, to assess tasks, and operate in a fashion that will:
- Not harm him or herself or any one else;
- Not damage any material, structure or vehicles he or she may come in contact with;
- Be able to conduct a pre-shift check on a counter balance forklift and report any defect found.
- Relevant legislation
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-shift inspection of a forklift truck
- Forklift Stability
- Battery care for battery powered or refuelling for diesel or gas powered
- Safe operation of a forklift truck:
- Load handling
- Racking systems
- Irregular loads
- Vehicle loading
- Weight assessment
- Theory and practical assessment
Note: Maximum of 3 persons per course.