The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to use a range of horticulture hand and power tools and equipment safely and effectively in a supervised environment..The course involves practical and classroom delivery of content across a range of subjects such as an overview of the range of hand held and portable powered horticultural equipment including Ride on Lawnmowers, Pedestrian Lawnmowers, Brush Cutters/Strimmers, Hand Held Hedge Trimmers and Rotovator/Cultivator as well as legal health and safety requirements, principles and procedures for safe and effective handling of horticultural equipment, and skills development.Learners will be assessed through a combination of a collection of works and skills demonstration Successful completion of this programme will enable learners to progress to higher awards.
Operating Horticultural Equipment -QQI Level 3 -(3N0889)
2 Days Instruction, Self-directed workplace practice and 1 day assessment Learner assessment will involve a combination of examination and skills demonstration
All Learners are required to have the following Personnel Protective Equipment; Safety footwear ,Visors, Hearing protection, Gloves etc..
The course has been designed for adult learners with an interest in working in garden centers, maintaining parks and amenities, landscapers and community employment schemes,.Learners will be required to have basic skills in literacy and be able to relate to a low volume of practical capability.Please inform West Cork Safety when booking of any particular learning concerns or special needs. West Cork Safety will endeavor to address those learner profiles and meet any learner deficits which may involve such as assistance with exams and practical demonstrations.
A suitable external ground area for the use of operating Strimmers, Lawnmowers, Hedge trimmers and rotovatorRoom suitable to seat the training group comfortably (with tables /desks if possible) and a Whitewall or projector screen available.
Price on application
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify hand and powered tools used in basic ground maintenance and horticultural activities.
- Recognize conditions that can affect the safe and efficient use of horticultural equipment
- Identify and complete pre operation procedures, routine maintenance, cleaning and storage requirements for horticultural hand tools and powered equipment.
- Identify health, safety hazards, risks associated with the use and maintenance, fuelling and powering horticultural equipment.
- Demonstrate correct use of Personal Protective Equipment and Personal Hygiene procedures
- Recognize conditions when equipment use is unsafe and complete fault rectification procedures.
- Use appropriate horticultural equipment to carry out a range of horticultural tasks.
- Maintain a horticultural area using the appropriate tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate effective communications and team working skills when using horticultural equipment.
COURSE PROVIDER INFORMATION
Please refer to our website www.westcorksafety.ie or contact the Training Co-ordinator for any additional information required about Recognition of Prior Learning, Course Assessment, Appeals, Tutor Contact Details , Learners’ Rights, and Other Training Courses available at:email@example.com