COURSE SUITABLE FOR:
Any person requiring an appreciation of the importance for safe operation and maintenance of pedestrian lawn mowers.
Operating a Pedestrian Lawn Mower – Certificate of Completion
Group training Maximum: 10 participants
Please inform West Cork Safety training coordinator when booking of any particular learning concerns or special needs
Room suitable to seat 7 people comfortably (with tables /desks if possible) and a White wall or projector screen available.
Suitable external grounds area for various practical demonstrations of equipment
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
Make pre starting checks,
- Select tools, materials and equipment needed
- Check machine is in a safe condition.
- Remove and clean fuel & air filter
- Safety with fuel
- Check and top up fuel mix.
- Remove and adjust spark plug
- Set spark plug at correct setting.
- Check OPC are working correctly
- Report on condition of cutters, cable and handles.
- Open fuel tank air vent screw
- Turn on fuel and prime if necessary.
- Move start/stop lever to start on choke.
- Take mower to work area
Operate the Pedestrian lawn mower
- Check area for any loose objects loose wire, glass, stones etc
- Wear proper protective clothing and equipment
- Mow area of ground
- Ensure correct overlapping
- Switch off lawnmower at end of exercise and leave in safe condition
Make post operation checks
- Check that all areas have been thoroughly cut.
- Disconnect spark plug
- Clean Lawnmower
- Oil and grease if necessary
- Tidy up area
- Demonstrate knowledge of storage requirements.
COURSE PROVIDER INFORMATION
Please refer to our website www.westcorksafety.ie or contact the Training Co-ordinator for any additional information required about Recognition of Prior Learning, Course Assessment, Appeals, Tutor Contact Details , Learners’ Rights, and Other Training Courses avaliable at: firstname.lastname@example.org